Schofield Insurance Brokers Ltd believes in protecting the personal information that you provide us with.
We are committed to complying with the following seven principles:
- What personal information we collect about you;
- Who is collecting this personal information;
- How the information we collect about you is used;
- With whom might the information be shared;
- What choices we provide you with regarding the collection, use and distribution of the information;
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of informationunder the control of Broker Network;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- We collect and process personal information from you at various stages throughout our website, for
reasons including answering your enquiries, ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most
effective manner for you and for your computer, to notify you about changes to our websites (including
services and products), providing you with quotations, and carrying out our obligations from any
contracts entered into between you and us. We also collect and process details of your visits to our site
and the resources that you access.
- At each stage, you will be able to see what information we ask from you, such as your name and contact
details, and information relating to your specific enquiry. If you contact us otherwise than via our
website, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Schofield Insurance Brokers Ltd is the Data Controller that collects information about you.
- The information we collect about you is used solely for the purposes for which it was provided. We will
only use it for additional purposes (such as marketing) if we have received your prior consent to do so.
- It is entirely up to you as to whether or not you choose to provide us with any personal information. If
you choose not to, we simply may not be able to assist you.
- We will not sell your information to any third party, unless Schofield Insurance Brokers Ltd is sold itself.
- When you enter personal details on our website, you will be entering these details within a secure
environment. In most web browsers, a padlock symbol appears at the bottom right, indicating when you
are in a secure environment. Also, the ‘http:’ at the beginning of the website address changes to https:’
with the ‘s’ indicating that you are in a secure environment.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right, for a fee, to ask us for a copy of the information
we hold on you, and to have any inaccuracies corrected or removed.
- To do this, please write to us at:
Schofield Insurance Brokers Ltd
1 Moorfield Crescent
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal
data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Schofield Insurance Brokers Ltd (or any of its subsidiary companies) or substantially all of its assets
are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of
the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal
obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions (as defined below) and other
agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Schofield Insurance Brokers Ltd, our
customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for
the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Where we store your Personal Data
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the
European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who
work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision
of information you have requested. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing
or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will
do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to
our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict
procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access IP Addresses and Cookies
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating
system and browser type, for system administration.
understand how our customers and potential customers use our website so we can develop and
registration information so that you do not have to provide it to us on subsequent visits.
- A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive which records how you
have used a website. This means that when you go back to that website, it can give you tailored options
based on the information it has stored about your last visit.
cookies or to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. However, you may not be
able to use some of the products or services on our website without cookies.
If you have any other concerns or queries, then we would be delighted to be able to help you. Simply contact us
by one of the above options, and we shall endeavour to resolve your query as swiftly and efficiently as possible.
notified to you by e-mail.