Accidents Will Happen – Are You Covered?

Injury and ill-health in the workplace is more commonplace than anyone would like, with more than 150,000* non-fatal injuries occurring in the workplace each year and an estimated two million people suffering from ill health which is caused, or made worse by work. A good health and safety regime in the office is not only a legal requirement, but can help minimise the chances of an injury or illness occurring. Appropriate insurance is also a must to protect yourself, your employees and visitors. There are some simple steps you can take to minimise the chances of an incident happening in the workplace. The HSE recommends carrying out a 5 step risk assessment of the office as follows:
  1. Identify the hazards
  2. Decide who might be harmed and how
  3. Evaluate the risks and decide on precautions
  4. Record your findings and implement them
  5. Review your assessment and update if necessary
Its also important to have Employers Liability and Personal Accident insurance in place to cover you should an employee injure themselves at work. Call either Tony Tolkin or Dean Fletcher on 0113 250 0377 to find a policy that meets your needs, at a price thats right.

Home Insurance Advice

Your home is probably your biggest asset, but how can you be sure that your insurance cover will protect you if the worst happens and you need to make a claim? No two home insurance policies are the same, and its important to get professional advice from your broker who will be able to guide you through the process of choosing a policy that matches your particular needs. Youll need two different and complementary policies to protect your home:
  • buildings insurance which covers the structure of the home itself, as well as the fixtures and fittings, and
  • contents insurance which covers the contents you would take if you moved.
You dont have to insure your contents and home with the same company. Its always worth shopping around to get the best deal, as the insurance market is very competitive. However, using the same company may speed up any claims you make if you suffer damage to both your home and its contents. You might also get a small reduction in your premium. As well as covering against risks like fire, theft and flood, both kinds of policy should include a liability section. This provides for claims which you may become legally liable to pay in respect of damage to a person or property that is not a member of your household that you incur as the owner of your home. For an impartial discussion to assess your needs and requirements call 0113 250 0377 and speak to Heather Hirst.